Strategic Outlook 2018
We are pleased to present Strategic Outlook 2018, Dragonfly Intelligence's fourth annual forecast for security and intelligence leaders in global businesses and organisations.
The Strategic Outlook is an overview for security and intelligence leaders in global businesses and organisations, enabling them to make informed decisions in an increasingly adversarial environment.
Key forecasts we consider include:
- Geopolitical uncertainty in a more multipolar, competitive and adversarial world
- The potential for a destructive conflict on the Korean Peninsula
- Political, reputational and physical security risks stemming from fake news
- The implications of elections in North Africa, Latin America and South Asia
- A receding tide of populism in Western Europe
- Nationalism and regional competition in the Middle East
Summary - Who should read the Strategic Outlook?
A comprehensive outlook for decision-makers
The Strategic Outlook is primarily for those tasked with managing risks in global corporations. Our Security Intelligence and Analysis Service (SIAS) presents security and crisis-related forecasts that give clarity on the current geopolitical landscape.
The Strategic Outlook 2018 contains
- Regional forecasts: A thematic analysis for each region covering a range of security and crisis-related forecasts to help the reader form plans, conceive their own predictions, and highlight requirements for ongoing intelligence and assessment.
- Monitoring points, risk levels and trends: These serve as early warning indicators and 'trigger points' for crisis plans. They allow the reader to see what the prevailing risks are now and where these are headed.
- Outliers: Possible outcomes in the coming year that we think could prove to be surprising. We offer these to test assumptions and biases, and flag risks that sit on the outer edge of probability, but are plausible and consequential enough to merit further thought.
An insight into our Strategic Intelligence & Analysis Service (SIAS)
SIAS provides global businesses and international organisations with a protective and strategic intelligence capability. SIAS delivers actionable, forward-looking intelligence for security and crisis management decision making, planning and operations. Find out more about SIAS.
Strategic Outlook editions
The Strategic Outlook has been running for a number of years. Please take a look at our other editions to see how they compare;